We arrived this morning about 9:30 and got all checked in. I got a bracelet with my name on it & we played with toys in the waiting area.
Soon they brought us back to our Pre-Op room where I got changed into Hospital Jammies.They were weird... all open in the back. It was at that point where I got a little teary & wanted to cuddle with Dad.
Soon the Doc came into our room & marked which ear was the right ear to do surgery on. Actually it was the LEFT ear.
Then Jerri, the child life specialist came in with some fun stuff. We played with a little mask - like they would put on my face during surgery.
First she put the mask on my little puppy.
Them they let me smear some smelly stuff in the mask...
YUMMM. It smelt delicious - like strawberries, watermelon & bubblegum!
I got to play with trucks...
Color & do a horse sticker page
and color a little horse cut out.
We turned the hospital bed into a ramp
and raced the cars down the "hill".
Soon they came in to gave me a little Versed to help me relax.
I asked if it was so that I didn't go crazy.
They made me wear these funny slippers too...
and gave me 2 pair of baby slipper to put on my puppy.
Looks like my puppy & me are in a cage (but it is really just the bed rails pulled up).
Soon they wheeled me & puppy off to the Operating Room. Mom & Dad where there while I went to sleep.
After surgery, I was in a room called Post-Op. It looked almost like my Pre-Op room. Once I started to stir, the nurse got Mom & Dad. The fed me a popsicle.
Popsicle #1 went down kind of slow...
Popsicle #2 went down better...
Popsicle #3 went down even better...
By popsicle #4 , I was feeling pretty good, watching a little TV & getting ready to go home.
I got a wagon ride out to the Hatoe from the Hospital.
On the ride home I drank a big glass of Gatorade. Then we stopped to pick up a perscription & Subway. Now, I'm at home recovering & cuddling with Mom & Dad. I have to wear my ear band for 24 hours. I have ear drops, medicine for pain (if I need it) and an antibiotic to prevent any ear infections.
On the ride home I drank a big glass of Gatorade. Then we stopped to pick up a perscription & Subway. Now, I'm at home recovering & cuddling with Mom & Dad. I have to wear my ear band for 24 hours. I have ear drops, medicine for pain (if I need it) and an antibiotic to prevent any ear infections.
I go back to see the Doc on 3/14 for a check up.
I need to be at LOW ACTIVITY for 2 weeks! (Good luck wit that Mom & Dad!)
Thanks to all of you for your prayers & well wishes today. It really helped!
Also, please pray for my cousin Nick who had surgery today too.
Love, Anders






















No comments:
Post a Comment