Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Ice Cream Dough

We found this awesome Ice Cream Dough recipe at Play Create Explore Blog.


It sounded too good to be true, so we had to try it.  We had everything on hand, except we had to buy more corn starch to make a few colors.

We followed the instructions & make 3 batches/flavors - Blue, Pink & Green.

In stirring it up it just didn't look the consistency that Mom & I expected.  We even added a tablespoon of flour to try to thicken it up.
 When we started playing with it... it was pretty sticky & gooey.  (Tip - we did but down drop cloths on the floor & cling wrap on the table just as a precautionary measure).
 It really stuck to the ice cream scoop & my hands.
 But I kept playing & adding sprinkles.
 Yes - it's winter time here in MN,  But I wanted a "Summer Jammie Day" & mom made me take off my jammie top so I wouldn't get it all messy.
 We ended up mixing all the colors to get this pretty grey blue goopy mess.

 In the end - it was not what we expected, but it was still fun... my hands only ended up turning slightly blue from all the food coloring.
Love, AWN

No comments: