Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Potty Camp update

Hi All,

Potty camp has been going really well this week. I have had many successes on the potty. The teachers say I bring a lot of energy to the class (what ever that means...) . I've had successes at home too, but still sometimes forget to tell Mommy & Daddy when I have to go.

I have a Elmo Doll to practice with. First Elmo drinks water.

Then he sits on the toilet.
Oh silly me, I forgot to take his underwear off.

We sit and wait...
< And soon we hear a little tinkle. That means he went on the potty like a big boy!

Mom & I have been spending a lot of time together in the car going back & forth to down town school to potty camp. We’ve been singing & talking. Here are some excerpts from our conversations…

On the way to school I had to remind mom to use “2 hands on the wheel… because it’s dangerous.”

On a cold night on the way home, I had my John Deere blanket over my leg so I wouldn’t get cold. Over the course of the ride home the blanket fell on the floor by the door. I asked for mom to reach it for me, but she said she was driving & could not reach it. I asked her to get it again, but she said she could not reach it. I said “Mommy, you reach it, it’s your job!” She said she couldn’t because she was driving & didn’t want to get into an accident. I said “Yah, if we tip over, we have to walk home.”

Another night, on our way home from school, Mom asked if I wasted to go to Mc Donald’s for dinner. I said “Yah, I want to go to old Mac Donald’s house - I want nuggets.” I had a ton of fun at Mac Donald’s… there were a bunch of kids & I went down the slide many times with them. After we were done playing & on our way home I told mom I wanted a “frappe”. The one she had looked so delicious with the whip topping. She said, “Maybe next time, we have to hurry home, Mommy has to go potty.” I asked her “Did you go poopie in you pants?” She said “no, I’m trying to hold it until we get home, so I can go in the toilet.” I then told her “you can have 2 M&M’s if you go potty in the toilet”. Something from potty camp sunk in.

Driving in down town Minneapolis is so frustrating... no wonder mom takes the bus. You can’t go very far very fast. I told mom, “I don’t like red lights.” After thinking some more I said, “I don’t like red lights and thunder!”
Hope you all have a good night~ Love Anders

No comments: