Anders, “Mom, what type of dipping sauce comes from a hippopotamus?”
Mom, “Dipping sauce from a hippopotamus???” (think think think – what is the best way to answer this?)
Anders, “Yah, dipping sauce from a hippopotamus!”
Mom, “Do you mean Hummus?” (Hoping that was the right answer)
Anders, “Yes, Hummus comes from Hippopotamuses!”
One night after bath I was playing with a comb & my hair…I was making it stick up in front, making a mohawk, and other funny styles.
I jumped up on Daddy’s lap & tried to make a mohawk in his hair. Just as I was raising the comb up by his forehead, I realized something & said with surprise (not realizing until that very moment of Dad’s hair line is a little receding), “Dad, you don’t have any hair up there! You shouldn’t get your hair cut so much & then you can make a Mohawk too!”
One day while shopping with Mom at Loft, I found a treasure for her. I picked up a neon yellow sequined little purse & said “Mom, this is adorable, you have to buy it!”
Mom replied, “You’re right Anders, this is adorable & it is on clearance. I will buy it!”
Over Memorial Day weekend, Dad was crazy busy cooking in the kitchen. He was making Ribs in one slow cooker, chicken in another slow cooker & was getting out the third slow cooker. When I saw this, I asked…
“Dad, Are we going to Aunt Jan’s?”
He said “No, it’s a holiday & we’re just doing a bunch of cooking for ourselves & for Grandpa.”
"How can it be a holiday if we're not going to Aunt Jan’s???” I Asked.
On a recent road trip to Tomah we were listening to the radio. Mom wasn’t singing very good. She wanted me to sign with her, but instead, I tried to coach her…
"Mom, you need to sing for another whole week - you need to work on learning the words.”
“Really – another whole week of practice & then we can sing together?” She asked.
“Yah, Once you get up to my level, we can sing together!”
We go new Neighbors! They have a few kids & I love playing with them! Last Saturday they brought us over homemade egg rolls. They were delicious! The best I’ve ever had & the dipping sauce was good too. It’s been a busy week & we have not seen them much. Last night when we got home, I saw that the new neighbors were home too. I asked dad if we could go over & order more eggrolls.
No comments:
Post a Comment