Ode to Chloe
8/1997 – 6/2010
Chloe, you came into our lives a little over 3 years ago; with your cute little wiggle butt & curly tail. You were 10 years old & already had a lead a full life. You were instantly a member of our newly formed family. Many knew you as “Chloe, the one eyed Pug”. You had had an eye injury when you were just a puppy, but that did not slow you down. You were loads of fun & full of tricks. When asked, “Would you rather be Republican or Dead?” you laid down on your tummy as flat as you could possibly make yourself & blended into the carpet. You had very silly “Crazy pug” moments, where you ran around the kitchen or coffee table at top speed… you would do anything for a treat! We have never seen a little dog jump quite as high as you could to see the food on the dining room table. You enjoyed long naps, short walks & plenty of cuddle time.
A short time after you came to live with us, I was born. We did not know what to think of each other at first. You were no longer the “baby”. When I was playing on the floor, you knew to stay a safe distance away from me. But you took it all in stride & soon enjoyed having me around. When I got older, you scooped up every little morsel of food of mine that fell on the floor. I had to learn what was mine & what was yours… Oh how I enjoyed playing in your water bowl! Your name was one of the first words I learned to say & often the first name I would call out in the morning. I learned how to pet you & be gentle with you (as Mom & Dad reminded me often). Now, I give you good hugs & kisses and you sometimes even let me touch your feet!
In the fall of 08, you were diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure. We started you on medicine to make you feel better & to help you breathe easier. That worked for a long time, but as time passed, the CHF got worse & the medicine needed to be increased. These last few weeks have been rough; your health had gotten considerably worse. We have increased the medicine to the max level & it did not seem to be helping anymore. Chloemeister, we do not want you to suffer. We love you too much. These last few days we have given you extra love and have been completely spoiling you with all the human food you can eat (especially strawberries & hotdogs!) We have many fond memories of you during the short time that you have blessed our family. You have touched many lives & will always be remembered.
8/1997 – 6/2010
Chloe, you came into our lives a little over 3 years ago; with your cute little wiggle butt & curly tail. You were 10 years old & already had a lead a full life. You were instantly a member of our newly formed family. Many knew you as “Chloe, the one eyed Pug”. You had had an eye injury when you were just a puppy, but that did not slow you down. You were loads of fun & full of tricks. When asked, “Would you rather be Republican or Dead?” you laid down on your tummy as flat as you could possibly make yourself & blended into the carpet. You had very silly “Crazy pug” moments, where you ran around the kitchen or coffee table at top speed… you would do anything for a treat! We have never seen a little dog jump quite as high as you could to see the food on the dining room table. You enjoyed long naps, short walks & plenty of cuddle time.
A short time after you came to live with us, I was born. We did not know what to think of each other at first. You were no longer the “baby”. When I was playing on the floor, you knew to stay a safe distance away from me. But you took it all in stride & soon enjoyed having me around. When I got older, you scooped up every little morsel of food of mine that fell on the floor. I had to learn what was mine & what was yours… Oh how I enjoyed playing in your water bowl! Your name was one of the first words I learned to say & often the first name I would call out in the morning. I learned how to pet you & be gentle with you (as Mom & Dad reminded me often). Now, I give you good hugs & kisses and you sometimes even let me touch your feet!
In the fall of 08, you were diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure. We started you on medicine to make you feel better & to help you breathe easier. That worked for a long time, but as time passed, the CHF got worse & the medicine needed to be increased. These last few weeks have been rough; your health had gotten considerably worse. We have increased the medicine to the max level & it did not seem to be helping anymore. Chloemeister, we do not want you to suffer. We love you too much. These last few days we have given you extra love and have been completely spoiling you with all the human food you can eat (especially strawberries & hotdogs!) We have many fond memories of you during the short time that you have blessed our family. You have touched many lives & will always be remembered.







No comments:
Post a Comment